It’s that time of the year again where it’s the season of wearing red lipstick again! Yay! 😀 I mean, we wear red lipstick all year long but us girls definitely wear it more during the holiday season! 🎄Last Wednesday was our annual Company Holiday Luncheon and I wore a black dress to make my red lipstick pop out more. Sometimes, it’s hard to match bold lipstick with an eyeshadow without making it “too much.” 😝 I love how my eyeshadow look from Tarte’s Tarteist Pro Amazonian Clay Palette works well with my red lipstick, so I want to share with you this holiday festive makeup look! 🙂
I’m still testing out the Tarteist Pro Amazonian Clay Palette so I will make a review after I used it more. 🙂 This palette retails for $53 and has 20 eyeshadows (16 matte and 4 shimmer/metallic). So far, I found some eyeshadows hard to blend but the shades are so beautiful! You also don’t need to have the exact products in here. I added them so you can use it as reference. 🙂
My favorite eyeshadow for this look is Ethereal, which is a golden copper with a metallic finish. It’s so pretty that my eyes pop out more, especially when partnered with a dark brown eyeliner! 🙂
- Primer: Hourglass Ambient Light Correcting Primer in Mood Light
- Foundation: Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF45 in Light to Medium
- Concealer: Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Treatment Concealer in Brightener
- Bronzer: Too Faced Chocolate Soleil
- Blush: Too Faced Chocolate Soleil
- Setting Powder: Sephora Matte Perfection Powder in 36 Golden Fawn
- Highlighter: Devotee from NARS Guy Bourdin Cheek Palette (limited edition)
For this look, I only used the top portion or the warm portion of the palette so it’s definitely easy to do! 🙂 You don’t have to have the exact eyeshadows I have in here, the shades that I used can be found in other palettes, so don’t worry about not having this palette! 🙂
- Eyeshadow Primer: NARS Pro Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base
- Eyeshadows: Top portion of Tarteist Pro Amazonian Clay Palette (Classic, Innocent, Whimsy, Smoked and Ethereal)
- Eyeliner: Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Espresso Ink
- Eyelash Curler: Kevin Aucoin eyelash curler
- Using NARS Pro Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base, tap this primer all over the lids using your ring finger.
- Using Morphe E27 pro round blender, blend Innocent all over the lids and crease. This will act as our base. 🙂
- Using Morphe E28 round blender brush, blend Whimsy in the crease, from outer corner going inside. Hold the brush near the opposite end to soften the pressure. 🙂
- Using Morphe E36 detail crease brush, apply Smoked on the outer V to create a dimension on the eyes. This is very pigmented so apply just a little bit. 🙂
- To blend the Smoked eyeshadow, use Morphe E28 with a bit of Whimsy eyeshadow and blend Smoked eyeshadow. This will soften the Smoked eyeshadow and will blend well with the crease shade (Whimsy).
- Using your ring finger, tap Ethereal in the middle of your lids to the inner corner of the lids. You can use a brush in here but I just love using my ring finger for tapping/applying shimmer eyeshadows. 🙂 This will avoid fall out too!
- Using Morphe E36 detail crease brush, blend both Whimsy and Smoked on your lower lids, starting from the outer corner snd stopping at the middle.
- Using Morphe R45 angled liner, line your upper lids with Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Espresso Ink. I like using this dark brown shade since it’s more subtle than a regular black eyeliner.
- Using Morphe E19 pointed lip brush, apply Classic eyeshadow under the brows to brighten the area below eyebrows.
- Curl your lashes. For long and fuller lashes, I used Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes Mascara first and top it off with Stila Huge Extreme Lash Mascara. I then used the Tarte mascara for my lower lashes. And then eyes are done!!
I got my red lipstick as a Christmas gift from my friend (who is actually a guy so kudos to him for buying me and my friend Alyssa a lipstick! 😅) so I want to use it more while its holiday season! It’s my most luxurious lipstick ever and the packaging is gorgeous! I literally squeal at the office when I saw the brand “Chanel” haha!
- Prep your lips by exfoliating it. I like using Lush The Kiss lip scrub (a Valentine limited edition lip scrub). 🙂
- Line your lips with NYX lip pencil in Hot Red and fill in your lips afterwards. Fill in your lips (again) with Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet in 56 Rouge Charnel lipstick.
- To make your lipstick long lasting, blot your lips with a tissue to remove the excess. Using your ring finger, apply a translucent setting powder (I used Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Transparent) and voila! All done! 🙂
Tip: You can use your lip liners as your lipstick, and they’re also great to use as a base for your lipstick! 😉
Here is the final look! 🙂
And there goes my holiday festive makeup for this year! The eyeshadows and lipstick are very long lasting and the combination of these are so pretty! Even after I ate lunch on Christmas, my red lipstick is still very intact and it doesn’t even look that I just finished eating! 🙂 I even drank sake and my brothers are surprised why my lipstick is still there!
Merry Christmas everyone! 🙂 🎄
What’s your favorite holiday look? Did you wear a red lipstick too? Share it with me in the comments below! 🙂
Let’s connect! I would love to be friends with you!3